Monday, November 21, 2011

Anddd at long last...

Just as expected, homesickness hits the week of Thanksgiving. Le sigh. This is perhaps partially due to a combination of my back being messed up the past week, me getting sick recently (tho it could be allergies?), and the inherent depression that comes a few days after a really fun show. Asta's going back to Iceland on Thursday, Csilla's moving somewhere soon, since she got the boot last week. :C

But that show really was pretty spectacular. Nothing's gonna beat the Cynic show, of course, but Fleshgod was quite theatrical, and the Canadian band Archspire was a very nice surprise. :) Alanson and Maarten made the trip here and met up with me and their friend Amira who lives in town. Since it was an afternoon-into-the-night show we started drinking around 4:30 and the party didn't stop until 9:00 the next morning. Apparently. Some hours are completely missing though I do definitely recall dancing in Amira's living room listening to Ace of Bass. Yep.

So to get me out of the funk, I went out and bought Skyrim. Because if there's anything that can cure homesickness, it's a completely immersive 9.5/10 role-playing game. Huzzah! And it's wayy more entertaining than Oblivion, for some reason. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the story. I'm glad to know you found some of my blog pleasant; I know it can seem a bit... different haha. I think I found your page by searching for people with similar music tastes, in this case Cynic. You are so lucky to be seeing them, they don't come anywhere near me! I hope you post about the show!

    ReplyDelete